Museum From Home – Binocular Craft and Scavenger Hunt
Just because we’re staying at home and practicing social distancing doesn’t mean you can’t have adventures! Make yourself a pair of homemade binoculars and get exploring. Use your binoculars to spot all the items on the inside and outside scavenger hunt lists. Can you think of more things to find? Challenge your family members!
Make your own pair of binoculars to check out what’s going on outside! Are there buds on the trees yet? Can you spot a robin?
You will need: cardboard tube (paper towel roll cut in half), glue, markers, stickers, scissors or hole punch, string.
- Glue the two cardboard tubes together.
- Decorate your binoculars! Use crayons, stickers, tissue paper, gems, or washi tape.
- Poke holes into the sides of your binoculars if you want to wear them around your neck like an adventurer!
- Tie one end of your string through one hole, and repeat on the other side.
- You’re ready to explore! Challenge your family members to scavenger hunts in your backyard or on walks.
Use your new homemade binoculars to complete the indoor and outdoor scavenger hunts!
Can you find everything on each list?