The Civic Museum showcases Guelph’s history through semi-permanent and featured exhibitions, including the interactive installations in the Royal City Families Gallery and the City Gallery. Located in the historic Loretto Convent building (established in 1856 and renovated in 2012), the Museum is home to a collection of over 45,000 artifacts that bring Guelph’s past to life.
For education program bookings and inquiries, please complete an Education Program & Tour Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our very best to get back to you in a timely manner regarding availability.
- $6 per participant, per program (unless otherwise noted)
- $9 per participant for two programs on the same day
- $60 minimum fee
- Liability insurance fees may apply
- Self-guided exploration of the Museum before or after the program is included in the fee
- Teachers, education assistants, and classroom volunteers are admitted free
- Payment by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, debit, cash or cheque payable to Guelph Museums is required in advance
- Cancellations must be received two business days in advance or a $40 cancellation fee applies
- $20 administration fee will apply if payment is not received on or before the booking date
- For groups of children, we require one adult chaperone for every six children.
- Due to space limitations at McCrae House, there is a limit of 30 people (total participants and chaperones) per program at that site.
- Programs are available during regular museum hours, as well as during evenings and weekends.
Guided Exhibition Tours
Guelph Civic Museum / McCrae House · 60 minutes
The Civic Museum showcases Guelph’s history through semi-permanent and featured exhibitions, including the interactive installations in the Royal City Families Gallery and the City Gallery. McCrae House is the birthplace of Lt. Col. John McCrae, writer of In Flanders Fields. We will welcome your group at either site and guide you through the highlights.
In the Community:
Historic Guelph Walking Tour
Public tours for all ages – 90 minutes
Education programs for grades 4 to 12 – 90 minutes
Guelph Civic Museum & Downtown Guelph
Discover where Guelph began, how the city has changed, and who contributed to its formation on this walking tour of historic downtown.
NEW Hop-On Tours of Historic Guelph
Public Tours for All Ages – 90 minutes
You provide the bus, we provide the guide
Available Year Round
Touring Guelph by charter bus? Hire a Guelph Museums’ guide to hop on and lead your group on a driving tour of notable sites throughout historic Guelph. The tour includes Guelph’s founding site, the birthplace of John McCrae, Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate, Locomotive 6167, City Hall, and more!
Tales Among the Tombstones
Public Tours for All Ages – 60 minutes
Education Programs for Grades 4 to 12 – 90 MINUTES
Woodlawn Memorial Park
Uncover the fascinating stories of the people interred at Guelph’s historic Woodlawn Memorial Park. This guided walking tour and field study includes examination of symbolism, epitaphs, and burial practices, along with a hands-on graphing or gravestone rubbing activity.
Community Talks and Classroom Visits:
Cost: $60 (plus mileage if outside of Guelph)
The museum will come to you.
Museum educators are available to provide interactive presentations on:
- The History of Guelph
- Growing Guelph
- The First World War
- The Life and Times of John McCrae
- Two Guelph Soldiers in the Great War
- Great Guelphites