Plan Your Visit
Due to a province-wide shutdown, Guelph Civic Museum and McCrae House are temporarily closed. Until we can meet again, enjoy activities on our Museum Everywhere page from the comfort and the safety of your home, and stay connected with us through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube @guelphmuseums.
We have introduced enhanced cleaning protocols and new measures to keep you safe during your visit:
- Members and visitors should reserve their timed admission ticket in advance. As capacity is reduced, please book early and limit your visit to one hour. Visiting windows start at the top of the hour.
- Families Gallery visits must be pre-registered. One family/social bubble will be admitted at a time. Visits will start at the top of the hour and be limited to 45 minutes. Due to high demand, if you are unable to fill your timeslot, please contact the museum or cancel your booking online.
- Please do not visit the Museum if you are feeling unwell.
- When you arrive at the Museum, follow the directional arrows and physical distancing cues.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry.
- Masks are required for all visitors, unless exemptions apply.
- Our cloakrooms are closed and you must keep all belongings with you. Travel light, for your comfort and the safety of our artifacts.
- Gift shops at both locations are open. Touch-free forms of payment are preferred. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit payments.
- As always, visitors 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult or a babysitter who is at least 13 years old.
Both Guelph Civic Museum and McCrae House offer
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
General Admission Rate
- $6.00 Adult, Senior (65+), Student (15 years old to College/University), Child (4 to 14 years old)
- $18.00 Family — 2 adults & 4 children maximum
- Children under 4 are free.
Or consider purchasing an affordable membership to Guelph Museums.
Guelph Civic Museum
Open Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On the Fourth Friday of each month, the Civic Museum is open with extended hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Open Wednesdays, 1 to 5 p.m. or by appointment, 519-836-1221.
Available for viewing 24/7 at its new, permanent home in John Galt Park.