Plan Your Visit
Due to a province-wide lockdown to reduce the spread of COVID-19, our museums are currently closed. We look forward to seeing you when it is safe for us to gather again. In the meantime, we invite you to explore the Museum’s online offerings and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Guelph is currently in a COVID-19 Red-Control zone. Following health and safety guidelines provided by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health, we have introduced enhanced cleaning protocols and new measures to keep you safe during your visit:
- Members and visitors are asked to reserve their timed admission ticket in advance. As capacity is reduced, we ask visitors to book early and limit their visits to one hour. Visiting windows start at the top of the hour.
- Families Gallery visits need to be pre-registered. One family/social bubble will be admitted at a time. Visits will start at the top of the hour and be limited to 45 minutes. With a Families Gallery reservation, you will also be able to visit the rest of the museum. Due to high demand, if you are unable to fill your timeslot, we ask that you contact the museum or cancel your booking online.
- Please do not visit the Museum if you are feeling unwell.
- When you arrive at the Museum, please follow the directional arrows and physical distancing cues.
- Upon entry, please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- We will be wearing face coverings for your protection; and we require you, if you are able, to do the same for our protection.
- Our cloakrooms are closed and you must keep all belongings with you. Please travel light, for your comfort and the safety of our artifacts.
- Gift shops at both locations will be open. Touch-free forms of payment are preferred. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit payments.
- As always, visitors 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult or a babysitter who is at least 13 years old.
Both Guelph Civic Museum and McCrae House offer
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
General Admission Rate
- $6.00 Adult, Senior (65+), Student (15 years old to College/University), Child (4 to 14 years old)
- $18.00 Family — 2 adults & 4 children maximum
- Children under 4 are free.
Or consider purchasing an affordable membership to Guelph Museums.
Guelph Civic Museum
Due to a province-wide lockdown to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Civic Museum is currently closed.
Open Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On the Fourth Friday of each month, the Civic Museum is open with extended hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Due to a province-wide lockdown to reduce the spread of COVID-19, McCrae House is currently closed.
Open Wednesdays, 1 to 5 p.m. or by appointment, 519-836-1221.
Available for viewing 24/7 at its new, permanent home in John Galt Park.