Hours and Admission
Please note while preparing for your visit:
- Visitors 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult or a babysitter who is at least 13 years old.
- We encourage visitors not to bring backpacks or large bags into the museum. If you do have a backpack, please wear it on the front of your body to be mindful of its presence and in control of its movement to not disrupt artifacts and artwork. Feel free to leave your backpack or large bags in the cloakroom on the first floor or with front desk staff.
Both Guelph Civic Museum and McCrae House offer:
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
General Admission Rate
- $6.00 Adult, Senior (65+), Student (15 years old to College/University), Child (4 to 14 years old)
- $18.00 Family — 2 adults & 4 children maximum
- Children under 4 are free.
Or consider purchasing an affordable membership to Guelph Museums.
Guelph Civic Museum
- Tuesday to Sunday – Open, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Monday – Closed
Fourth Fridays – The Fourth Friday of each month, the Guelph Civic Museum will be open until 9:00 pm with free admission from 5 PM to 9 PM.
- September to November – Tuesday to Sunday, 1 to 5 PM
- December to February – Open Wednesdays, 1 to 5 PM or by appointment, 519-836-1221
- March to June, Tuesday to Sunday, 1 to 5 PM
- July & August – Tuesday to Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Mondays – Closed
Although the interior of the restored antique steam engine is not currently open to the public, the exterior may be viewed year round.
Upcoming Holiday Hours
- Thanksgiving, Monday October 14 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed
- Remembrance Day, Monday November 11 – McCrae House open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Civic Museum closed
- Christmas Eve, Tuesday December 24 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed
- Christmas, Wednesday December 25 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed
- Boxing Day, Thursday December 26 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed
- New Years Eve, Tuesday December 31 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed
- New Years Day, Wednesday January 1 – Civic Museum & McCrae House closed