Doors Open After Dark Returns to the Guelph Civic Museum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GUELPH, ON, APRIL 20, 2023:
Doors Open After Dark, an all-night party on the hill, returns to Guelph Civic Museum after a three-year hiatus, running from 5:00 PM Friday, April 28 to 1:00 AM Saturday, April 29.
Free admission to Guelph Civic Museum starts at 5:00 PM. Annie Sumi will take to the sold-out Fourth Friday stage at 7:00 PM. The party then ramps up at 8:45 PM with more performances, pop-up art experiences, history installations in and around the museum, and the Big Jerk food truck.
The line-up for the night includes:
- Reshaping Ruins Reprised with Sophia Chilton, Caleb Bray, and Silas Chinsen
- Glow-in-the-Dark Chalk Art Wall Mural with Maeve Hind and Alexa Collette
- Giant Marionette installation
- Stained Glass Mural with Ahmri Vanderborne and Otherwise Studios
- Elevator Theatre with Tim Clarke
- Doll-making Demonstration and Lavender Sachets with Miko Henry
- Release Your Inner Child with Dress-up Photo Booth by Liz Johnstone and Facepainting by Tania Crook
- CFRU 93.3fm Live Broadcast
- 10-Minute Museum Vault Tours from 9:00 PM to 12:30 AM
- Drone Demonstration from 9:00 to 10:00 PM
- Tdot Batu Drumming at 9:00 and 10:00 PM
- Skirl Bagpipes & Drums at 9:30 and 10:30 PM
- Jaywalking Stories of Guelph with Jay Wilson at 9:30 PM
- Performances by Benjamin Finley & Reza Yazdanpanah from International Institute for Critical Studies in Improvisation from 10:30 PM to 12:30 AM
- Free cake at 12:30 AM
Doors Open After Dark is a pre-party celebrating the return of Doors Open Guelph on Saturday, April 29 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Guelph Civic Museum is located at 52 Norfolk Street. It is physically accessible.
For more information:
Tammy Adkin, Manager, Museums and Culture
Culture and Recreation
City of Guelph
519-826-1221 extension 2775