Hours and Admission
Please note while preparing for your visit:
- Visitors 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult or a babysitter who is at least 13 years old.
- We encourage visitors not to bring backpacks or large bags into the museum. If you do have a backpack, please wear it on the front of your body to be mindful of its presence and in control of its movement to not disrupt artifacts and artwork. Feel free to leave your backpack or large bags in the cloakroom on the first floor or with front desk staff.
- $5.00 Adult
- $5.00 Senior (65+), Student (15 years old to College/University), Child (4 to 14 years old)
- $15.00 Family — 2 adults & 4 children maximum
Or consider purchasing an affordable membership to Guelph Museums.
Guelph Civic Museum
- Tuesday to Sunday – Open, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Monday – Closed
Fourth Fridays – The Fourth Friday of each month, the Guelph Civic Museum will be open until 9:00 pm with Free Admission from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Construction notice: Museum masonry repairs begin April 16
The museum will remain open and accessible throughout construction. There is no anticipated impact on pedestrian access during the renovation project.
- Tuesday to Sunday – Open, 1 to 5 PM
- Monday – Closed
- July & August – Open, 10 AM to 5 PM
Although the interior of the restored antique steam engine is not currently open to the public, the exterior may be viewed year round.
Upcoming Holiday Hours
- Monday, August 6, Civic Holiday – Closed
- Monday, September 3, Labour Day – Closed
- Sunday, November 11, Remembrance Day – McCrae House open 9 AM to 5 PM; Civic Museum 10 AM to 5 PM
- Monday, December 24, Christmas Eve – Closed
- Tuesday, December 25, Christmas Day – Closed
- Wednesday, December 26, Boxing Day – Closed
- Monday, December 31, New Year’s Eve – Closed