Ticket sales go live to the public Friday, November 8 at 12 p.m.
Join us for a workshop with Debbie Thompson Wilson! “Make a Joyful Noise” celebrates the festive sounds- by musical instruments and nature – of the holiday season. Paint an small image adapted from medieval manuscript illuminations, using real gold leaf and watercolour and ink. There will be a choice of subjects to paint, from simple to more complex.
Some watercolour experience is required.
Materials to bring to class:
• Palette or plate for mixing colours
• Small watercolour brushes (Size 1 or smaller )
• Paper towel
• Water container (small yogurt cup ideal)
• 4B or 5B pencil
• kneaded eraser
• X-acto knife with #11 blade
• Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen (black size XS) or Prismacolour Premier ink pen (sepia..size 005) (available at Wyndham Art Supply, Michaels)
• sharp, clean Scissors
Supplies provided for $15 supply fee (payable in class to Debbie, CASH ONLY):
• watercolour paper
• 1 watercolour brush
• gold leaf and gilding medium
• misc. supplies
Please note: There will be a lunch break during the workshop. Participants may bring a bagged lunch or leave the museum to go get lunch in the area.Buy Tickets