Join us for a workshop with local artist Debbie Thompson Wilson! “Be of Good Cheer” celebrates the “toasting with a brew” tradition of the holiday season in conjunction with the theme of the exhibition “Brewing Changes Guelph“. Paint an image adapted from medieval manuscript illuminations, using real gold leaf, watercolour, and ink. There will be a choice of subjects to paint, from simple to more complex. Some watercolour experience is required.
Cost is $55.00 + HST per person plus $15 supplies fee paid on the day of the workshop (CASH ONLY).
Registration opens, Thursday, November 1 at 10 AM.
Advance registration required. Spaces are limited. ** PLEASE NOTE, THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Materials to bring to class:
- Palette or plate for mixing colours
- Small watercolour brushes (Size 1 or smaller )
- Paper towel
- Water container (small yogurt cup ideal)
- 4B or 5B pencil
- kneaded eraser
- X-acto knife with #11 blade
- Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen (black size XS) or Prismacolour Premier ink pen (sepia..size 005) (available at Wyndham Art Supply, Michaels)
Supplies provided for $15 supply fee (payable in class to Debbie, CASH ONLY):
- watercolour paper
- 1 watercolour brush
- gold leaf and gilding medium
- misc. supplies
Please note: There will be a lunch break during the workshop. Participants may bring a bagged lunch or leave the museum to go get lunch in the area.Buy Tickets