Thursday through Saturday, August 20 to 22 | 7 PM
Saturday matinee, August 22 | 2 PM
Synopsis: From the home front to the trenches, Ian Bell presents songs, stories, and instrumental music from the First World War era.
Ian Bell has performed across North America Canada both on his own and with many ensembles. He has appeared at numerous folk festivals and in concerts and dances in venues ranging from Roy Thompson Hall to Randy Haskell’s barn. A musician with a Celtic flare, Bell’s repertoire includes traditional Canadian music and many original compositions.
Tickets are $25 + HST each, or $40 + HST for both Backyard Theatre performances (Sons of 17 & Keeping the Homefires Burning). Tickets are available through Eventbrite or 519-836-1221. Capacity is limited, advance booking is encouraged.
Individual and family/social circle seating will be assigned, respecting physical distancing protocols. Please book tickets together with your family/social circle.
PLEASE NOTE: Keeping the Homefires Burning is performed outside, in the backyard of McCrae House. Please dress according to weather conditions. We recommend casual clothing and comfortable shoes.
Following health and safety guidelines provided by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health, the Museum has introduced enhanced cleaning protocols and new measures to keep guests, performers, and staff safe.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell. Please contact us to reschedule or refund your ticket.
- When you arrive at McCrae House, please follow the directional arrows and physical distancing cues.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- When indoors, or when physical distancing is challenging to maintain, we will be wearing face coverings for your protection; and we strongly encourage you, if you are able, to do the same for our protection.
- Individual and family/social circle seating will be assigned, respecting physical distancing protocols.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase. Touch-free forms of payment are preferred. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit payments.
If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected] or 519-836-1221.Buy Tickets