Guelph 190: History@Night Party Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions
Guelph 190: History @ Night Party
April 22 to April 23, 2017
Hosted by Guelph Museums
Deadline for Submissions – Sunday, March 19 2017, 11:59 PM
Guelph 190: History @ Night Party will celebrate Guelph’s 190th birthday with history and art activations in downtown Guelph from 9 PM April 22 to 1 AM April 23.
We’re “breaking down” the museum walls, extending exhibitions and installations to the streets of Guelph for a free event aimed at creating opportunities to connect, explore and engage the community in unique ways.
This is an opportunity to ring in Founders’ Day and showcase Guelph’s culture, art, and history. Submissions for Guelph 190: History @ Night, are encouraged to explore Guelph’s history and identity through themes of reconciliation, immigration, landscape, culture, and innovation.
This opportunity is open to individual historians and artists, as well as collectives and groups. Preference will be given to residents of the City of Guelph and Wellington County.
SUBMISSION AND JURYING PROCESS
Installations will be selected and presented through an open call process. A jury, formed by Guelph Museums, will select the featured installations.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You agree to create a site-specific project in public space which responds to the theme.
- Your project must be installed in a safe manner, and abide by all City of Guelph by-laws, laws, and safety standards, (no vehicle idling, no noise violations, all electrical devices must meet code, etc.)
- All projects must be available for the entire four-hour period, from 9 PM on April 22 to 1 AM on April 23, 2017.
Please include a description of the project/installation, how it will engage the audience, and any other details that will help the jury to visualize the project’s execution.
Submissions will be assessed by the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the theme.
- Innovation, originality, quality of work and support materials, design, and execution plan.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following format:
Email subject line: “Guelph 190_ Name of Presenter _ Title of Project”.
For example, “Guelph 190_ Sarah Ball_My Work of Art”
Please include the following:
- Application Form(.doc , .docx file or PDF).
- Up to a maximum of two attachments. All images should be:
- .JPG, .JPEG, or .PNG format
- Max 10 MB in file size
- Maximum 1024 x 768 pixels
- Minimum of 300 dpi
Deadline for applications is 11:59 PM Sunday, March 19, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. You will be notified by 5:00 pm on Monday, March 27, 2017 if your submission has been accepted.
Deadline for submissions Sunday, March 19, 11:59 PM
Notification of acceptance Monday, March 27, 5 PM
Event Saturday, April 22 9 PM to Sunday, April 23 1 AM
Presenters will receive an honorarium of $200 CAD.
For more information, contact Sarah Ball at, 519-836-1221 x 3392 or email@example.com